SERVING THE COMMUNITY FOR OVER 245 YEARS
Organized in November 1771 when the first minister, Reverend Joseph Woodman, was installed, This building is the second building of the Sanbornton Congregational Church. The first meetinghouse was buillt on Tower Hill on the South side of Centre Cemetery. In 1834 the original building was taken down beginning in April and built over at this present location..
The 12 memorial stained glass windows were made and installed by the Spence, Bell Company of Boston, MA in 1903. There are 4 in the Narthex, 6 in the nave, and 2 in the chancel. These windows are made from "modern" glass, which was developed in the late 18th century in America.
The organ is used extensively in our music, and it acquits itself well, week after week, year after year. It is a source of great pride that over the nearly 40 years since its first incarnation in our church, a great portion of the work has been done by our own people.