In 1968, the church purchased Estey Organ Company’s Opus 1284. This organ was built for the First Universalist Church, Medford, Mass. in 1914. 1284 was a 10-rank instrument, tubular pneumatic action, and comprised 567 pipes over two manuals and pedal. The organ was first used in worship in our church in late 1968.

Essentially without professional help, members of the church moved the organ, built a building to house it (at the east end of the sanctuary), and installed it, arranging the pipe façade visible to the congregation, and console as they now appear.